Wednesday 10 March 2010

More on Discerning God's Will

In a previous post, Discerning God's Will, I wrote that we discern God's will by delighting in His presence, following His precepts, understanding His plans, acknowledging His purposes, relying on His protection, trusting in His promises, recognising His providence, seeking His perspective, prayer and petition and experiencing His peace.

A few days later, I added that we discern God's will by waiting patiently. At just the right time, God will reveal His will to us - and His will is exactly what we would desire if we knew all the facts.

Then when I was writing the post before this, Affairs of the Heart, I realised that I had left out Romans 12:1-2, one of the key passages of Scripture on discerning God's will. To this end, I might add again that we discern God's will by striving to please Him.

"Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God - this is your spiritual act of worship. Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is - his good, pleasing and perfect will." - Romans 12:1-2 (NIV)

Living for Jesus a life that is true
Striving to please Him in all that I do
Yielding allegiance, gladhearted and free
This is the pathway of blessing for me

O Jesus, Lord and Saviour, I give myself to Thee
For Thou, in Thy atonement, didst give Thyself for me
I own no other Master, my heart shall be Thy throne
My life I give, henceforth to live, O Christ, for Thee alone

Links: Discerning God's Will (9 Feb 10), Patience (16 Feb 10)

No comments:

Post a Comment