Monday 29 March 2010

Book Aid London

I visited some friends in Cambridge last week. I originally planned to come back to York on Fri morning, but since it was my friends' last week in the UK on exchange, I made a short detour and brought them to Book Aid London on Fri afternoon, before coming back to York on Fri night.

Of course, visiting Book Aid London was one of the things which I had at the back of my mind from the time I visited Book Aid Ranskill. I wonder if I'll be able to visit all the Book Aid bookshops in the UK before returning to Singapore for good this Jul...

The building

The bookshop

The bounty (not as many books as before)

Incidentally, Book Aid London does not usually open on Fri. However, the lady who works there was extremely accommodating when I called on Thu and mentioned that it was my friends' last week in the UK on exchange.

If we ask, we might or might not receive what we ask for. If we don't ask, we will definitely not receive what we don't ask for.

"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened. Which of you, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!" - Matthew 7:7-11 (NIV)

If we receive what we ask for even on a worldly level, how much more will we receive what we ask for in Jesus' name! Furthermore, if God gives us good gifts even when we don't ask, how much more will He give us good gifts when we do ask!

Links: The SKS of the UK (19 Mar 10), Book Aid Warrington (13 Jul 10)

No comments:

Post a Comment