Wednesday 17 February 2010

Providence

As we gather may Your Spirit work within us
As we gather may we glorify Your Name
Knowing well that as our hearts begin to worship
We'll be blessed because we came
We'll be blessed because we came

The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases
His mercies never come to an end
They are new every morning, new every morning
Great is Thy faithfulness, O Lord
Great is Thy faithfulness

I remember my affliction and my wandering, the bitterness and the gall. I well remember them, and my soul is downcast within me. Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope:

Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, "The LORD is my portion; therefore I will wait for him."

The LORD is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him; it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the LORD. It is good for a man to bear the yoke while he is young.

- Lamentations 3:19-27 (NIV)

Great is Thy faithfulness, O God my Father
There is no shadow of turning with Thee
Thou changest not; Thy compassions, they fail not
As Thou hast been, Thou forever will be

Great is Thy faithfulness! Great is Thy faithfulness!
Morning by morning, new mercies I see
All I have needed, Thy hand hath provided
Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me!

2 comments:

  1. hey luke! hope you're well (: i'm enjoying a browse of your blog every now and then. take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey km, thanks for dropping by! i was just reading your "other" blog and i like your post on waiting as well:

    http://fkandiq.blogspot.com/2010/02/1-thes-47.html

    take care too!

    ReplyDelete