Saturday 20 February 2010

1 Thessalonians 4:7

*Adapted from Kun Man's post on waiting*

"For God did not call us to be impure, but to live a holy life." - 1 Thessalonians 4:7 (NIV)

Why are you cast down, O my soul?
Why do you doubt, O my soul?
Place your hope in God, O my soul
For I will be glad

My soul thirsts for the living God
My soul thirsts for You alone
My soul thirsts for the living God alone

Praise, praise
I lift my voice and raise, praise
I sing of Your amazing grace
To the living God
To You my living God

Does your soul thirst for the living God alone? Or does it thirst for someone/something else?

"Since ancient times no one has heard, no ear has perceived, no eye has seen any God besides you, who acts on behalf of those who wait for him." - Isaiah 64:4 (NIV)

Waiting on God from My Prayer Closet

It is not easy to be in a place of waiting if you want to accomplish much, get ahead and see stuff happening. Waiting invokes humility in us when we really begin to understand what role in plays in our relationship with the Father (God). The mark of maturity in Christians is their ability to trust in God and keep running with the vision when to every eye it looks like success will never come, when things are not working out as expected.

As I learn from being with God in my closet, I have begun to understand that my programme is not important if I am certain God is speaking to and guiding me. In fact, my programme may become a hindrance. God will bring things to pass at the appropriate time in His time; I only have to be obedient. I can give many examples from the Bible starting from Genesis to Revelation of the many men and women who had to wait on God's timing...

From my prayer closet I come out with the confidence that no matter what happens, I cannot fret or be anxious about anything. I have to learn to move with God's timing. Understanding His sovereignty is being at a place where I know that I do not need to fight my own battles, God will fight them for me. If I start fighting my own battles, having sleepless nights, sinking into depression or being overtaken by anxiety, then I am outside His Word and therefore His will. I am outside His will not because He has tossed me out but because I have chosen to ignore Him and take things into my own hands.

It is so much harder to fight God for what we want than it is to wait on Him and trust that He will take care of His own promises. If His agenda is ours, there is nothing to fear, we know that the meeting will proceed well, all issues will be touched in their time and the work we do together as co-labourers in His field will be accomplished to a clean dot, in His time.

- donnaisabella, Waiting on God from My Prayer Closet

In His time
In His time
He makes all things beautiful in His time

Lord, please show me everyday
As You're teaching me Your way
That You do just what You say
In Your time

No comments:

Post a Comment