Tuesday 1 June 2010

May 22 to 31

May 22: "Do not turn away after useless idols. They can do you no good, nor can they rescue you, because they are useless." - 1 Samuel 12:21 (NIV)

May 23: "A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another." - John 13:34-35 (NIV)

May 24: "But Samuel replied: "Does the LORD delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices as much as in obeying the voice of the LORD? To obey is better than sacrifice, and to heed is better than the fat of rams."" - 1 Samuel 15:22 (NIV)

May 25: "But the LORD said to Samuel, "Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The LORD does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart."" - 1 Samuel 16:7 (NIV)

May 26: "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." - John 16:33 (NIV)

May 27: "Sanctify them by the truth; your word is truth." - John 17:17 (NIV)

May 28: "Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life." - Proverbs 13:12 (NIV)

May 29: "Praise be to the Lord, to God our Saviour, who daily bears our burdens." - Psalm 68:19 (NIV)

May 30: "The LORD rewards every man for his righteousness and faithfulness. The LORD gave you into my hands today, but I would not lay a hand on the LORD's anointed. As surely as I valued your life today, so may the LORD value my life and deliver me from all trouble." - 1 Samuel 26:23-24 (NIV)

May 31: "Later, knowing that all was now completed, and so that the Scripture would be fulfilled, Jesus said, "I am thirsty." A jar of wine vinegar was there, so they soaked a sponge in it, put the sponge on a stalk of the hyssop plant, and lifted it to Jesus' lips. When he had received the drink, Jesus said, "It is finished." With that, he bowed his head and gave up his spirit." - John 19:28-30 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment