Tuesday 22 June 2010

Jun 15 to 21

Jun 15: "David said to Gad, "I am in deep distress. Let us fall into the hands of the LORD, for his mercy is great; but do not let me fall into the hands of men."" - 2 Samuel 24:14 (NIV)

Jun 16: "Then Peter began to speak: "I now realise how true it is that God does not show favouritism but accepts men from every nation who fear him and do what is right."" - Acts 10:34-35 (NIV)

Jun 17: "Now, O LORD my God, you have made your servant king in place of my father David. But I am only a little child and do not know how to carry out my duties. Your servant is here among the people you have chosen, a great people, too numerous to count or number. So give your servant a discerning heart to govern your people and to distinguish between right and wrong. For who is able to govern this great people of yours?" - 1 Kings 3:7-9 (NIV)

Jun 18: "God gave Solomon wisdom and very great insight, and a breadth of understanding as measureless as the sand on the seashore." - 1 Kings 4:29 (NIV)

Jun 19: "Therefore, my brothers, I want you to know that through Jesus the forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you. Through him everyone who believes is justified from everything you could not be justified from by the law of Moses." - Acts 13:38-39 (NIV)

Jun 20: "And the disciples were filled with joy and with the Holy Spirit." - Acts 13:52 (NIV)

Jun 21: "Then Solomon stood before the altar of the LORD in front of the whole assembly of Israel, spread out his hands towards heaven and said: "O LORD, God of Israel, there is no God like you in heaven above or on earth below - you who keep your covenant of love with your servants who continue wholeheartedly in your way. You have kept your promise to your servant David my father; with your mouth you have promised and with your hand you have fulfilled it - as it is today."" - 1 Kings 8:22-24 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment