Saturday 24 April 2010

Making the Most of Every Opportunity

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate to do." - Romans 7:15 (NIV)

I was just reflecting on a missed opportunity, to do something good for someone, which I had a while ago. But it's time to move on from that.

"Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers." - Galatians 6:10 (NIV)

"Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity." - Colossians 4:5 (NIV)

Understanding What the Lord's Will Is

"Be very careful, then, how you live - not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord's will is." - Ephesians 5:15-17 (NIV)

not as unwise but as wise -> do not be foolish
making the most of every opportunity -> understand what the Lord's will is

The construction of Ephesians 5:15-17 indicates that making the most of every opportunity is (related to) understanding what the Lord's will is.

Are we making the most of every opportunity?

No comments:

Post a Comment