Friday 30 October 2009

Same Same but Different

The Wisdom of Jesus Son of God

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

- Matthew 11:28-30 (NIV)

The Wisdom of Jesus Son of Sirach

Draw near to me, you who are uneducated, and lodge in the house of instruction. Why do you say you are lacking in these things, and why do you endure such great thirst? I opened my mouth and said, Acquire wisdom for yourselves without money.

Put your neck under her yoke, and let your souls receive instruction; it is to be found close by.

See with your own eyes that I have laboured but little and found for myself such serenity. Hear but a little of my instruction, and through me you will acquire silver and gold.

May your soul rejoice in God's mercy, and may you never be ashamed to praise him. Do your work in good time, and in his own time God will give you your reward.

- Sirach 51:23-30 (NRSV Apocrypha)

No comments:

Post a Comment