Wednesday 6 January 2010

060105

Today is 6 Jan 10. Exactly 5 years ago, on 6 Jan 05 (or 060105, as the date is written in the military), I enlisted with the Singapore Armed Forces and began my National Service. This blog did not even exist back then. In fact, it would be around 9 more months before I would start this blog in Sep 05.

In the past 5 years, I have completed 1 year and 10 months of National Service, almost 1 year of internships with the Singapore Prison Service, and just over 2 years of my degree at the University of York. Above all, God has been gracious in granting me repentance unto life and I have become a Christian.

Let this be a landmark, a milestone, an altar to the LORD. Here by Thy great help I've come!

Do Not Forget The LORD

Be careful to follow every command I am giving you today, so that you may live and increase and may enter and possess the land that the LORD promised on oath to your forefathers.

Remember how the LORD your God led you all the way in the desert these forty years, to humble you and to test you in order to know what was in your heart, whether or not you would keep his commands.

He humbled you, causing you to hunger and then feeding you with manna, which neither you nor your fathers had known, to teach you that man does not live on bread alone but on every word that comes from the mouth of the LORD.

Your clothes did not wear out and your feet did not swell during these forty years.

Know then in your heart that as a man disciplines his son, so the LORD your God disciplines you.

- Deuteronomy 8:1-5 (NIV)

All The Way My Saviour Leads Me

All the way my Saviour leads me
What have I to ask beside
Can I doubt His tender mercy
Who through life has been my guide

Heavenly peace, divinest comfort
Here by faith in Him to dwell
For I know whate'er befall me
Jesus doeth all things well
For I know whate'er befall me
Jesus doeth all things well

No comments:

Post a Comment