Thursday 14 July 2011

God is enough

Sometimes we focus so much on what we want God to give us that we forget what God has already given us.

What preoccupies me? What do I daydream about?

"Who may ascend the hill of the LORD? Who may stand in his holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to an idol or swear by what is false. He will receive blessing from the LORD and vindication from God his Saviour. Such is the generation of those who seek him, who seek your face, O God of Jacob." - Psalm 24:3-6 (NIV)

We bow our hearts, we bend our knees
Oh Spirit come make us humble
We turn our eyes from evil things
Oh Lord we cast down our idols

Give us clean hands, give us pure hearts
Let us not lift our souls to another
Give us clean hands, give us pure hearts
Let us not lift our souls to another

Oh God let us be a generation that seeks
That seeks Your face, Oh God of Jacob
Oh God let us be a generation that seeks
That seeks Your face, Oh God of Jacob

"Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will be joyful in God my Saviour. The Sovereign LORD is my strength; he makes my feet like the feet of a deer, he enables me to go on the heights." - Habakkuk 3:17-19 (NIV)

Link: 11 Ways to Find Your Idols (5 May 11)

No comments:

Post a Comment