Sunday 6 February 2011

You give and take away

"Naked I came from my mother's womb, and naked I will depart. The LORD gave and the LORD has taken away; may the name of the LORD be praised." - Job 1:21 (NIV)

Trust God for what He has given, and trust Him for what He has taken away. Oh, that this would draw you closer to God!

"Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Saviour and my God." - Psalm 42:5-6 (NIV)

"He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all - how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things?" - Romans 8:32 (NIV)

Still, my soul be still
And do not fear
Though winds of change may rage tomorrow
God is at your side
No longer dread
The fires of unexpected sorrow

God, You are my God
And I will trust in You and not be shaken
Lord of peace renew
A steadfast spirit within me
To rest in You alone

"You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you." - Isaiah 26:3 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment