Sunday 20 February 2011

Back to Training School

Having completed my first phase of residential training at the Home Team Academy last month, I've been undergoing on-the-job training (at a prison) over the past 4 weeks. Since I've been staying out of camp during this period, I'm thankful for the extra time to catch up with friends, go for my church's midweek prayer meetings and even celebrate my first Chinese New Year in Singapore since 2007. I've also been able to look around for a second-hand car and eventually get one :)

"For everything God created is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving, because it is consecrated by the word of God and prayer." - 1 Timothy 4:4-5 (NIV)

Tomorrow I book back into camp and begin the second half of my Basic Officers' Course. 12 more weeks and we'll be through!

"Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." - 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 (NIV)

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." - Philippians 4:6-7 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment