Monday 30 January 2012

Out of the Harbour

Epilogue

One question people often ask me is, "Do you miss Doulos?" I would recall a beautiful white ship, the onboard book fair and my floating home of four years. But my answer would be, "Not really, I don't miss the ship... it's the people I miss the most."

Doulos was all about people. Without the people, Doulos was just a shell. I also realised that the ship was only a tool used by God for His purposes for a particular season. Doulos' time has come to a close, but her sister ship Logos Hope continues to sail for God's glory.

If I could live my life all over again, would I have chosen this path? Yes, if this is what God has planned, I wouldn't want it any other way. There is no greater joy than obeying my God, being where He calls me to be, doing what He calls me to do.

Dear Reader, has God spoken to you? Is He calling you to pray for a specific community? Or to give towards supporting missions? Or to join the harvest field as a fellow worker?

I want to encourage you to draw near to God and seek His will for your life. When you hear His call, respond in love and absolute surrender. Yes, you will have to count the cost. But, after that, may you obey your Heavenly Captain by taking the first step of faith to follow Him... out of the harbour.

"The LORD reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice." - Psalm 97:1 (NIV)

- Choo Jiamin, Out of the Harbour

"A ship is safe in harbour, but that's not what ships are for." - William Shedd

No comments:

Post a Comment