Saturday 21 May 2011

Purer in Heart

"Be killing sin or sin will be killing you." - John Owen

"Therefore, brothers, we have an obligation - but it is not to the sinful nature, to live according to it. For if you live according to the sinful nature, you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the misdeeds of the body, you will live, because those who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God." - Romans 8:12-14 (NIV)

"If you want power in prayer, you must have purity in life." - Charles Spurgeon

"Who may ascend the hill of the LORD? Who may stand in his holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to an idol or swear by what is false. He will receive blessing from the LORD and vindication from God his Saviour. Such is the generation of those who seek him, who seek your face, O God of Jacob." - Psalm 24:3-6 (NIV)

"Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God." - Matthew 5:8 (NIV)

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

"Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me - put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you." - Philippians 4:6-8 (NIV)

Purer in heart, O God
Help to me be
Until Thy holy face
One day I see

Keep me from secret sin
Reign Thou my soul within
Purer in heart
Help me to be

*****

Will you choose to say

"Surely in vain have I kept my heart pure; in vain have I washed my hands in innocence." - Psalm 73:13 (NIV)

or

"My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." - Psalm 73:26 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment