Saturday 7 May 2011

The Potter's Hand

Beautiful Lord, Wonderful Saviour
I know for sure, all of my days are
Held in Your hand
Crafted into Your perfect plan

You gently call me into Your presence
Guiding me by Your Holy Spirit
Teach me, dear Lord
To live all of my life through Your eyes

I'm captured by Your holy calling
Set me apart
I know You're drawing me to Yourself
Lead me Lord, I pray

Take me, mould me
Use me, fill me
I give my life to the Potter's hand

Call me, guide me
Lead me, walk beside me
I give my life to the Potter's hand

- Darlene Zschech, The Potter's Hand

"All of us have become like one who is unclean, and all our righteous acts are like filthy rags; we all shrivel up like a leaf, and like the wind our sins sweep us away. No one calls on your name or strives to lay hold of you; for you have hidden your face from us and made us waste away because of our sins. Yet, O LORD, you are our Father. We are the clay, you are the potter; we are all the work of your hand." - Isaiah 64:6-8 (NIV)

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be." - Psalm 139:13-16 (NIV)

"From one man he made every nation of men, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live. God did this so that men would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from each one of us." - Acts 17:26-27 (NIV)

Sang this song at Baptist Worship 2011 today and was reminded of the sovereignty and goodness of God. Do you trust Him?

On another note, I don't know for sure what happens to people who die without hearing the gospel (eg. unreached tribes, babies). From Acts 17:26-27, it seems that wherever and however long (or short) we live, God has sufficiently revealed Himself to us.

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." - Romans 8:28 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment