Tuesday 8 December 2009

All My Days

"O LORD, you have searched me and you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar. You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my tongue you know it completely, O LORD. You hem me in - behind and before; you have laid your hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too lofty for me to attain... All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be." - Psalm 139:1-6, 16 (NIV)

"From one man he made every nation of men, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live." - Acts 17:26 (NIV)

God is All-Knowing

As you seek God's will, you can worship a God who knows all the possibilities. He knows what could happen as well as what would happen if any given possibility did happen. He knows all about your past, present, and future. Let such knowledge lead you to a greater awe of Him. We should never lose sight of the forgiveness of One who knows every thought, word, and deed of our life! Let the truth of His omniscience, His perfect knowledge, challenge you to live openly before Him, and seek to live in agreement with Him as you pursue His will...

God knows all the needs of the world, and He also knows your talents and strengths. He knows every possibility of where to place you and with whom to place you. When God's people were in bondage in Egypt, they cried to God to deliver them. God heard this cry and had in fact been preparing a deliverer for forty years. In God's time, their cry for help was answered through Moses. God is preparing you. He knows all the needs of the world, and He knows how and where to place you to meet some of those needs.

Since God's will is exactly what we would desire if we knew all the facts, we need to remember that God is the only one who knows all the facts.

- Bill Thrasher, Living the Life God has Planned

Pride is thinking you deserve what you don't have.
Ingratitude is thinking you deserve what you have.
Discontentment is not wanting what you have.
Envy is wanting what you don't have.
Jealousy is not wanting others to have what you don't have.
Selfishness is not wanting others to have what you have.

Rather, want what you have and you will have what you want!

"Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart." - Psalm 37:4 (NIV)

God knows what I have, what I want and most importantly, what I need to fulfill His will, His 'good, pleasing and perfect will' (Romans 12:2, NIV).

"Who can discern his errors? Forgive my hidden faults. Keep your servant also from willful sins; may they not rule over me. Then will I be blameless, innocent of great transgression. May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer." - Psalm 19:12-14 (NIV)

"Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting." - Psalm 139:23-24 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment