Wednesday 22 July 2009

more on open doors

if God closes a door, no one can open it. if God opens a door, no one can close it.

at the same time, an open door is a necessary but not sufficient condition for taking a particular path.

"Now when I went to Troas to preach the gospel of Christ and found that the Lord had opened a door for me, I still had no peace of mind, because I did not find my brother Titus there. So I said good-by to them and went on to Macedonia." - 2 Corinthians 2:12-13 (NIV)

it is possible to come across an open door without taking it, but it is not possible to take a particular path without coming across an open door which leads to it.

to take an example from day to day living, it is possible to have money without spending it, but it is not possible to spend money without having it.

links: open doors (18 apr 09), even more on open doors (15 aug 09)

No comments:

Post a Comment