Monday 20 July 2009

back in singapore

that the last day of my 2nd year at york (3 jul), the calvin anniversary conferences (5 to 9 jul), the keswick convention (11 to 17 jul) and my flight back to singapore (18 jul) all tie in so neatly with each other is not coincidence, but providence.

"He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end." - Ecclesiastes 3:11 (NIV)

i thank God for His providence over the past 2 weeks and i know that He will continue to provide.

I remember my affliction and my wandering, the bitterness and the gall. I well remember them, and my soul is downcast within me. Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope:

Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, "The LORD is my portion; therefore I will wait for him."

The LORD is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him; it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the LORD. It is good for a man to bear the yoke while he is young.

- Lamentations 3:19-27 (NIV)

having gone straight from the calvin anniversary conferences to the keswick convention, it was interesting to experience the differences in music (psalms vs the gettys), liturgy (formal vs informal) and even theology (reformed vs broadly evangelical).

having said that, both conferences were Christ-centered and i benefitted from both of them. it was also a real blessing to travel with phil walker (geneva), weijie (geneva and keswick) and rachael (keswick) and have interesting conversations along the way.

"Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable his judgments, and his paths beyond tracing out! "Who has known the mind of the Lord? Or who has been his counsellor?" "Who has ever given to God, that God should repay him?" For from him and through him and to him are all things. To him be the glory forever! Amen." - Romans 11:33-36 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment