Wednesday 31 December 2008

the LORD is my shepherd


The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.

He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restores my soul.

He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.

Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.

- Psalm 23 (NIV)

since autumn term 2008 ended two weeks ago, i have had a relatively restful christmas break (sabbatical?) in york. instead of travelling, i have been catching up with friends in york, reading n.t. wright's surprised by hope and spending time with God in prayer.

on this last day of 2008, i thank God for leading me through 2008 and revealing glimpses of His will for my life in 2009 (and beyond).

"In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps." - Proverbs 16:9 (NIV)

"Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails." - Proverbs 19:21 (NIV)

the following video (not made by me) happens to have pictures of york and newcastle!




The Lord's my shepherd, I'll not want
He makes me lie in pastures green
He leads me by the still, still waters
His goodness restores my soul

And I will trust in You alone
And I will trust in You alone
For Your endless mercy follows me
Your goodness will lead me home

He guides my ways in righteousness
And He anoints my head with oil
And my cup, it overflows with joy
I feast on His pure delights

And I will trust in You alone
And I will trust in You alone
For Your endless mercy follows me
Your goodness will lead me home

And though I walk the darkest path
I will not fear the evil one
For You are with me and Your rod and staff
Are the comfort I need to know

And I will trust in You alone
And I will trust in You alone
For Your endless mercy follows me
Your goodness will lead me home

And I will trust in You alone
And I will trust in You alone
For Your endless mercy follows me
Your goodness will lead me home

For Your endless mercy follows me
Your goodness will lead me home

- Stuart Townend, The Lord's My Shepherd

No comments:

Post a Comment