Tuesday 30 September 2008

history and the will of God (revised)

i wish with all my heart that i could go back to the start of the summer and change the past, but i cannot. history and the will of God are not about "what ifs", but about "what is".

i may preach it, but do i practice it? i may say it, but do i believe it?

do i believe that 'in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose'?

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." - Romans 8:28 (NIV)

do i believe that 'God is faithful; he will not let [me] be tempted beyond what [I] can bear'?

"No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it." - 1 Corinthians 10:13 (NIV)

do i believe that '[His] grace is sufficient for [me], for [His] power is made perfect in weakness'?

"But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me." - 2 Corinthians 12:9 (NIV)

woe to me if i do not practice what i preach!

"Naked I came from my mother's womb, and naked I will depart. The LORD gave and the LORD has taken away; may the name of the LORD be praised." - Job 1:21 (NIV)

You give and take away
You give and take away
My heart will choose to say
Lord, blessed be Your name

No comments:

Post a Comment