Wednesday 11 August 2010

There is a time for everything

I'm reading the Bible in one year and the Old Testament reading for Aug 11 is Ecclesiastes 1:1-3:22.

"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven." - Ecclesiastes 3:1 (NIV)

Meanwhile, the Old Testament reading for Aug 12 is Ecclesiastes 4:1-6:12.

"Then I realised that it is good and proper for a man to eat and drink, and to find satisfaction in his toilsome labour under the sun during the few days of life God has given him - for this is his lot. Moreover, when God gives any man wealth and possessions, and enables him to enjoy them, to accept his lot and be happy in his work - this is a gift of God." - Ecclesiastes 5:18-19 (NIV)

This is a timely reminder as I graduate from York and prepare to start work in the near future. Incidentally, Ecclesiastes was the book which we studied in college small groups last term - which also happened to be my last term at York. I'll miss York CU (and York for that matter), but there is a time for everything and I trust that God has brought me back to Singapore in Jul 10 according to His good, pleasing and perfect will.

Links: Final Reflections (16 Jul 10), Rehab, Renew, Restart (13 Sep 10), Proverbs 24:27 (25 Sep 10)

No comments:

Post a Comment