Saturday 1 August 2009

prison break

for the first time this week, i don't have to leave the house at 7am in order to be in the office by 8.30am. not that i don't enjoy going to work at prison hq in changi - on the contrary, it's great to be back at the branch where i spent 8 months of my gap year between ns and york. but i'm out of the house for more than 12 hours on a working day and it's refreshing to be able to sleep in for a change.

anyway, i'm on attachment until fri 28 aug, which gives me about a month to meet up with people, read the books i've accumulated over the past year or so and start preparing for my exams before i head back to york on sat 3 oct.

3 comments:

  1. When will u finally finish it all Luke?
    and head back to SG for good? =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey christine,

    as things stand, i'll graduate next jul. i would like to stay for another year after that, but it depends on a lot of other things.

    when will you be back for good?

    "In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps." - Proverbs 16:9 (NIV)

    ReplyDelete
  3. heh indeed.

    It sounds like I'm in exactly the same spot where u are luke. Just that.. I'm not bonded anywhere at the moment and I'm waiting for God to lift me through the air and send me wherever He wants, wherever that may be and whenever.

    Thank you for blogging.
    I like reading.

    ReplyDelete