Tuesday 3 February 2009

the heart of the matter is the matter of the heart

"The heart is deceitful above all things and beyond cure. Who can understand it? "I the LORD search the heart and examine the mind, to reward a man according to his conduct, according to what his deeds deserve."" - Jeremiah 17:9-10 (NIV)

"Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting." - Psalm 139:23-24 (NIV)

"Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life." - Proverbs 4:23 (NIV)

1 comment:

  1. Recommended:
    "Instruments in the Redeemer's Hands: People in Need of Change Helping People in Need of Change" and "War of Words: Getting to the Heart of Your Communication Struggles" by Paul Tripp

    ReplyDelete