Thursday 6 December 2007

where do you want to go today (or tomorrow)?

"Now listen, you who say, "Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry on business and make money." Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. Instead, you ought to say, "If it is the Lord's will, we will live and do this or that." As it is, you boast and brag. All such boasting is evil. Anyone, then, who knows the good he ought to do and doesn't do it, sins." - James 4:13-17 (NIV)

When I stand at the judgment seat of Christ
And He shows me His plan for me
The plan of my life as it might have been
Had He had His way, and I see

How I blocked Him here and checked Him there
And I would not yield my will
Shall I see grief in my Saviour's eyes
Grief though He loves me still?

Oh, He'd have me rich, and I stand there poor
Stripped of all but His grace
While memory runs like a hunted thing
Down the paths I can't retrace

Then my desolate heart will well-nigh break
With tears that I cannot shed
I'll cover my face with my empty hands
And bow my uncrowned head

No! Lord of the years that are left to me
I yield them to Thy hand
Take me, make me, mould me
To the pattern Thou hast planned!

- Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment